Friday, December 19, 2008

Jewels of life glitter.

Listening to: Rocky Votolato - The Bed Is Warm
Feeling:
Sleepy
I wish I had a way of recording video, taking pictures, writing things down, etc. without taking away from my actually being in the moment. On the other hand, there's so many times when I wish I'd taken at least a few damn pictures. There were so many thoughts and images in my head as I was driving back to Syracuse yesterday. I'm not sure I could even remember everything if I tried. Maybe I'll get it right someday... the perfect mixture of observing, of "capturing the moment" and living my life without any elongated pauses, due to recording what happened minutes prior. Or perhaps it is just a decision I have to make on a daily basis: do I want to be a part of this, or do I want to document it for the rest of the world to see?

My mind is still blurry. I'm exhausted from finals and all that jazz, I've pretty much been on auto-pilot for the past week or so. And for some strange reason, it always takes me a few days of being home before I actually feel "at home." And what better way to start the process, than to nap with my dogs?

1 comment:

J-House said...

That's funny I used the expression earlier "all that jazz" in a text.
I think it is more of documenting the events around you not only for the world to see but for you to see when you're 80 and looking back on your life. This new year I am going to start a new journal and keep it up so I could atleast recall my life in my writing you know? I tried taking pictures but it's awkward sometimes.
I love you!