Tuesday, January 13, 2009

'Cause love is just a dialogue.

Listening to: The Kills - Cheap and Cheerful
Feeling: Relaxed


Subtle, but satisfying:

-lost another pound since last doctor's visit in mid-December.
I'm not proud of losing one pound in a few weeks, I could probably do that in a day or two if I tried. I've gained and lost up to 5 pounds within three days before. It's the fact that I didn't gain any weight back over the holidays, or at the very least, lost whatever I did. And I haven't been actively making any big changes, i.e. exercising, eating healthier, to get in shape yet. I know it's probably because Concerta decreases my appetite quite a bit, therefore I have been eating less. But still, I'll take whatever help I can get as long as it isn't harming my health.

-my clothes actually do feel slightly looser.
Not to the point where someone else might notice, but enough to force me to keep pulling up my pants. Enough to take a second look in the mirror and be like "Huh. Guess I did lose a little." I probably won't have to change sizes until after I've been working out for awhile [note to self: dig out all old jeans/pants & set aside so that I can have my mom send them if I really need them]. But even the smallest of spaces between my stomach and my jeans is totally a reason to smile.

-Misha's sudden increased mobility.
Since I've been home, she's climbed the stairs to the second floor of our house about 6 times or so. She stopped doing that over a year ago, and I've had to carry her upstairs if I wanted her to snuggle with me in my bed. But post-surgery, Misha's been pushing my door open with her nose again on occasion. Just like she used to♥

-the likelihood that I'll be able to cop before driving back to school.
And easily too! This alone makes me relax like ten times over. I'm sure Jos understands this.


-plans w/Amyguns on Thursday.
Catching up, a little shopping, Coldstone on the cheap [coupon=sweet], getting my tats touched up, maybe even stopping by the older bro's house to say goodbye & Amy can meet the little one. I'm stoked.

-no plans for today.
It's usually the opposite of what I want, but I've still been feeling shitty since last Friday's fun little jaunt to the E.R and I haven't really let myself just sleep and relax. I also need to get a few things done like laundry, cleaning, packing, etc. But there's no rush or time frame. It's nice.

No comments: